Being a leading global animal health company and owners of the Absorbine® brand of equine products and The Missing Link® brand of pet products, W.F. Young, Inc is looking to hire critical roles which will support the rapid growth the company is experiencing and help drive new business and innovation as we plan for our 130th year in business.
We are focused on our commitment of enhancing the lives of companion animals and livestock by creating the highest quality and most innovative health and wellness products. Our vision for innovation is to create new, unique, and original product concepts that honors our founders’ pioneering spirit, celebrates our passion to find a better way to care for animals, pursues our vision to be the most trusted animal care products in the world, continuously drives our business forward, and results in organically growing our product line to serve unmet needs in the marketplace, while staying true to our mission to enhance the health and wellness of animals around the globe. We are passionate about our C.A.R.E Values and we believe a caring culture empowers creativity, continuous improvement, and speed to market to foster break-through innovations.
The W.F. Young team is seeking a Consumer Care Specialist who can jump in and help make things happen for some of the best animal health brands in the world. This role serves as first point of contact to resolve consumer matters, which includes consistently exceeding consumer expectations, being able to communicate well with consumers, and displaying empathy and a willingness to help others. This role reports directly to the Customer Service Supervisor.
The ideal candidate must have an interest in helping animals, be happy wearing multiple hats, be a team-player, and have strong organization skills, the ability to figure things out, positive energy, a “how can I help” mindset, and a good sense of humor.
- Review and respond to communications and requests regarding the Direct to Consumer, Direct to Retail, Zoo, Influencer & Professional sales channels
- Develop and maintain relationships with all customers in a professional manner
- Listen to customer concerns and complaints with the goal of identifying the causes of the problem, as well as follow up with customers when had complaint and/or question about a product
- Log all customer complaints, testimonials, and general inquiries, including those Direct to Consumer Reviews on The Missing Link and Absorbine websites
- Management of any new subscribers, to include but not limited to follow up on how products are working and if had any questions or concerns about the products
- Contact current and prospective customers to sell and explain products and solicit new business within the Direct to Consumer, Direct to Retail, Zoo, Influencer & Professional sales channels
- Enter and process customer telephone, fax, and email order for Direct to Consumer, Direct to Retail, Zoo, Influencer & Professional sales channels
- Process email, mail, and invoices daily for Direct to Consumer, Direct to Retail, Zoo, Influencer & Professional sales channels
- Process all orders to be fulfilled and review them for accuracy against current approved pricing, shipping, and credit terms
- Recommend products based on customer/consumer requests
- Investigate and resolve all shipping discrepancies with the Direct to Consumer, Direct to Retail, Zoo, Influencer and Professional channels
- Engage the Quality, Regulatory & Marketing departments as needed to resolve customer complaints
- Communicate company promotions to channel-specific customers and consumers as directed
- College Degree preferred, or High School diploma with 5 or more years of experience in the customer service field
- Able to communicate professionally, clearly, and concisely with other team members, management, consumers and customers
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Experience/background with equine and/or animal care a plus
- Demonstrates a strong ability to multi-task and problem-solve with a sense of urgency
- Proficiency with most Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Outlook, TEAMS)
- Self-starter who takes initiative and can work both independently and as part of a team
- Quick learner and problem solver who can adapt to a changing marketplace
- Experience working in a consumer-packaged goods environment is a plus
What can we offer you for all your hard work?
- Medical, Dental and Vision coverage with Wellness Reward Program & Reimbursement Programs
- Educational Assistance Program
- Company Paid STD/LTD
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Company Paid Long Term Care Insurance
- 401(k) – with company match
- Paid Time Off Programs
We are currently practicing a hybrid work environment and taking the utmost precautions to reduce the spread of COVID-19
The information contained in this job description reflects the duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the Consumer Care Specialist and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all work that may be assigned to you by your director or that may be inherent in the position.
Email resumes to: email@example.com using subject line “Consumer Care Specialist”