The Territory Sales Representative supports the Sales and Marketing processes in assigned field territory to help achieve objectives, policies, programs and goals as set by and for the Company.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Schedule and attend Dealer Open Houses and New Store Openings within territory as needed.
- Schedule and conduct store personnel training sessions.
- Schedule and conduct regular distributor rep ride-alongs.
- Call on Distributors and Regional Chains, and other accounts as requested.
- Achieve quarterly and annual account and territory sales goals.
- Utilize Focus Territory Dashboard to identify Dealer sales trends by sku & brand and to identify distribution voids to be closed on next call.
- Execute WFY National Sales Promotions coordinating all ordering through the Dealer’s Distributor Representative of choice.
- Identify and achieve Dealer New Distribution objectives including current item voids and new item launches.
- Identify and achieve Dealer Merchandising objectives including product placement on shelf, seasonal end-caps, WFY product displays, as well as cross-merchandising opportunities via clip strips and checkstand placement.
- Responsible for providing in-depth Dealer product knowledge, solution selling category management programs, placement of consumer POP educational materials, rebates, coupons, product IRC’s and hang tag offers.
- Develop ongoing Distributor Rep relationships by conducting a minimum of two Rep Ride-Alongs per month.
- Provide one-on-one training with detailed product information and WFY best practices selling insights.
- Attend Distributor Rep sales meetings to provide product training and WFY programs.
- Attend Distributor Trade Shows as assigned by the WFY Vice President, Sales.
- Coordinate with WFY TSR’s and conduct national and regional Telemarketing Blitzes with Distributor Inside Sales Representatives (ISR’s).
- Maintain and submit the TSR Weekly Activity Report to the Vice President, Sales each Friday.
- Key reporting metrics include:
- # of Dealer calls made
- # of National Sales Promotions sold
- # of New Distributions achieved
- # of End-Caps & Displays achieved
- Competitive Activity observations
- Key learnings / Industry insights.
- Weekly Friday call-in to Vice President, Sales to provide review of week’s activities and next week’s plans.
- Maintain monthly Focus Sales Tracking vs Goal by Dealer and Territory.
- Maintain Territory Distribution Report by Dealer by sku to be reviewed during NSM field trips.
- Submit Weekly Expense Report on Friday and manage expenses not to exceed annual budget.
- Maintain regular CRM updates per account.
Experience and Qualifications:
The Territory Sales Representative will be a results driven, self-starter who is goal oriented with a keen focus to develop and grow assigned accounts in territory. The TSR must also possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills with proven account selling skills. This person will have a strong team spirit and collaborative style, sense of personal and business integrity and the willingness to embrace the core values of W.F. Young.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent sales experience
- Proven track record with minimum 3 years of field sales experience in the equine, animal health or pet business.
- Strong relationship management skills in building long term relationships with store personnel and distributor representatives.
- The ability to work remotely and achieve results within tight timeframes while managing multiple projects, with minimal supervision.
- The position requires an individual with the willingness to work a flexible schedule and the ability to travel extensively throughout the assigned market.
- Proficient in MS office.
Email resumes to: email@example.com using subject line “Territory Sales Representative”