Shipping & Receiving & General Maintenance Person manages both incoming and outgoing deliveries as well as providing general building maintenance and coordinating outside maintenance vendors.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare packages to be shipped out as requested; including but not limited to product samples, product literature, trade-show equipment, and pick and pack orders for Pet Care
- Enter customer shipping data, process pick tickets into Exact Macola, add any special shipping instructions
- Log packages into Shipping computer for carrier
- Arrange package pick-ups as necessary
- Receive all deliveries and distribute to employees
- Maintain warehouse, including all filing of bills of lading, invoices, orders, etc. and contents
- Move dead storage files in and out of warehouse requested by personnel
- Remove all trash not handled by cleaning service and arrange for waste removal as needed
- Maintain building exterior by cleaning sidewalks, removing snow & ice that is not handled by contractors
- Arrive early on inclement weather days to insure parking lot and sidewalks are in acceptable condition for employees
- Contact outside maintenance vendors when service is needed i.e. handy man services, parking lot repair and maintenance, landscaping maintenance, electricians, plumbers, etc.
- Coordinate outside maintenance visits for East Longmeadow facility
- Tend to company automobiles as requested
- Perform limited repair and maintenance in the office such as light bulb replacement.
- Work with contractors when they inspect alarm and sprinkler systems
- Perform duties as required by company personnel such as office relocation, file removal, furniture and equipment repair, etc.
- Order shipping supplies
- Transport storage items to & from outside storage locations
- Take mail out to mailbox each morning prior to mail pick-up.
- Must be able to operate a forklift and pallet jack
- Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must have and maintain a current driver’s license.
- All other duties as assigned
The information contained in this job description reflects the duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the Warehouse Person and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all work that may be assigned to you by your manager that may be inherent in the position.
Email resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org using subject line “Warehouse”