Being a leading global animal health company and owners of the Absorbine® brand of equine products and The Missing Link® brand of pet products, W.F. Young, Inc is looking to hire critical roles which will support the rapid growth the company is experiencing and help drive new business and innovation as we plan for our 130th year in business.
We are focused on our commitment of enhancing the lives of companion animals and livestock by creating the highest quality and most innovative health and wellness products. Our vision for innovation is to create new, unique, and original product concepts that honors our founders’ pioneering spirit, celebrates our passion to find a better way to care for animals, pursues our vision to be the most trusted animal care products in the world, continuously drives our business forward, and results in organically growing our product line to serve unmet needs in the marketplace, while staying true to our mission to enhance the health and wellness of animals around the globe. We are passionate about our C.A.R.E Values and we believe a caring culture empowers creativity, continuous improvement, and speed to market to foster break-through innovations.
The W.F. Young team is seeking a Brand Manager-Equine who will build brand strategy, collaborate on new product development, execute omni-channel brand plans & promotions, and be the product expert for assigned brands to drive sales.
The ideal candidate must have an interest in helping animals, have a customer-first focus, be curious and always open to learning, be a team-player, and have strong organization skills, the ability to figure things out, positive energy, and a good sense of humor.
- Helps guide the strategy for assigned brands and is responsible for creating brand plans, media and content calendars, and promotional programs in support of company goals
- Owns P&L management of assigned brands to achieve sales and profitability goals and works with the team to adjusts strategic approaches and plans to address market challenges and capitalize on opportunities as they arise
- Analyzes sales and brand performance reports and distills information into insights and recommended actions to drive growth for the brands and products
- Responsible for the execution of brand plans through collaboration with team members and agency partners for marketing communications, advertising, social media, content creation, PR, promotions, and related functions including the development of creative briefs, scheduling, production, distribution, and expense management necessary to execute plans
- Runs day-to-day relationship with agency partners for assigned brands to execute tactics outlined in annual brand plans, manages internal approvals, tracks budgets, and ensures all consumer facing communications are regulatory compliant
- Analyzes performance of marketing campaigns and uses data and insights to optimize creative and adjust tactics to achieve campaign goals
- Helps build annual marketing budgets, sales forecasts, and promotional budgets
- Acts as the expert for the product lines within assigned brands and is the go-to person for knowledge on product features and benefits, usage, competitors, market size, consumer and trade sentiment, and trends that may affect the product or brand, and serves as the advocate for maintaining the highest standards of product quality and the consumer experience
- Provides omni-channel support for sales through product training, creation, and distribution of point of purchase materials, content creation, account-based marketing support, and tradeshow support
- Participates in the Innovation Team to seek out and evaluate new products and product improvements and supports product development as the brand expert and voice of the consumer throughout the development process
- Researches and prepares strategic market assessments and competitive profiles for existing business, new market opportunities, and new products
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Business – Marketing degree preferred
- 5+ years of marketing experience in brand management – consumer packaged goods (CPG) environment and animal health care experience highly preferred
- Passion for animals and comfort working around them
- Financial acumen, including ability to analyze P&L’s and sales reports
- Analytical skills and the ability to turn information in actional insights
- Strong organizational skills and high attention to detail
- Project leadership skills and the ability to prioritize high impact initiatives
- Highly developed problem-solving abilities
- Ability to hold yourself and others accountable for deadlines and deliverables
- Must be a team player and enjoy working in a highly collaborative environment
- Ability to act as an expert and advocate to champion projects and initiatives
- Knowledge of PC; Microsoft Office; including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel
What can we offer you for all your hard work?
- Medical, Dental and Vision coverage with Wellness Reward Program & Reimbursement Programs
- Educational Assistance Program
- Company Paid STD/LTD
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Company Paid Long Term Care Insurance
- 401(k) – with company match
- Paid Time Off Programs
We are currently practicing a hybrid work environment and taking the utmost precautions to reduce the spread of COVID-19
The information contained in this job description reflects the duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the Brand Manager-Equine and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all work that may be assigned to you by your director or that may be inherent in the position.
Email resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org using subject line “Brand Manager-Equine”
Come join an organization whose leaders embraces a caring culture, values their employees, and works as a collaborative team as we continue to grow and drive new business heading into our 130th year!