Join us in improving the lives of animals everywhere.
Current Job Openings
Fraud Alert: Please be aware that fraudsters are impersonating W.F. Young employees and sending job opportunities via email requesting personal information. Do not provide any information. W.F. Young, Inc. does not email job opportunities or descriptions.
Supply Chain Planner
Being a leading global animal health company and owners of the Absorbine® brand of equine products and The Missing Link® brand of pet products, W.F. Young Inc. is looking to hire critical roles which will support the rapid growth the company is experiencing and help drive new business and innovation as we plan for our 132nd year in business.
We are focused on our commitment of enhancing the lives of companion animals and livestock by creating the highest quality and most innovative health and wellness products. Our vision for innovation is to create new, unique, and original product concepts that honors our founders’ pioneering spirit, celebrates our passion to find a better way to care for animals, pursues our vision to be the most trusted animal care products in the world, continuously drives our business forward, and results in organically growing our product line to serve unmet needs in the marketplace, while staying true to our mission to enhance the health and wellness of animals around the globe. We are passionate about our C.A.R.E Values and we believe a caring culture empowers creativity, continuous improvement, and speed to market to foster break-through innovations.
The W.F. Young team is seeking a Supply Chain Planner to support operations processes to help achieve objectives, policies, programs, and goals as set by and for the company. They will be responsible for balancing supply against demand via MRP planning, purchasing of finished goods and needed raw materials and components. The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated self-starter who is highly analytical, with the ability to identify trends and make recommendations for improvements.
- Issue and maintain Purchase orders to contract manufacturers in support of supporting the forecast while keeping inventory plan in balance.
- Maintain all planning ERP settings (i.e. MOQ, Lead Time Safety Stocks for all stock items)
- Act as the primary contact with contract manufacturers to ensure on-time delivery of finished goods; escalate issues to Sourcing Manager and VP operations when appropriate.
- Review Open order communication; Monitor the update of purchase orders with quantity and delivery changes and provide direction to data entry Operations & Quality Product Specialist
- Prepare, report, and facilitate monthly Supply SOP meetings with appropriate sales and marketing personnel.
- Review open purchase orders at the end of each month, close PO’s as needed (data entry done by the Ops & Quality Product Specialist), report to accounting on purchases that should be accrued into the period
- Publish weekly backorder Report, follow up with manufacturers on the related production schedule.
- Support raw material, component, finished goods costs and monthly inventory target projections for annual budgeting purposes.
- Create, evaluate, and report on negative variances on the monthly Purchase Price Variance (PPV) report, Purchases by Vendors and Inventory history.
- Create and Maintain supplier report card for On Time and In Full (OTIF) performance.
- Report any price changes to Sourcing manager and VP, Operations and change ERP pricing as directed.
- Help resolve CMO parts shortages by contacting other CMO to buy from one and selling to the other.
- Notify Quality and Sales departments on inventory write off based on their projects to use up inventories (raws and components) if possible, rather than obsoleting large number of inventories.
- Work with IT to import new COG at the beginning of each year, keep item/vendor table updated with new costs, new items, new vendors, etc.
- Work with Ops & Quality Product Specialist to make sure that product receipts are entered into software when confirmed by third party warehouse and issued out with correct accounts when they ship out
- Provide back up to Inventory& Logistics Manager in monitoring Day-to-day handling of all aspects of raw material and inventory control, i.e. receipts, transfers, audits, year-end & mid-year inventories. Utilizing a first-time right policy
- Work closely with Sourcing Manager on related sourcing projects (Innovation, new supplier, and cost reduction projects)
- Coordinate activities regarding component adjustments, Inventory transfers, needs and changes as well as transportation requests with Inventory and Logistics Manager.
- Verify sales invoices against the relevant Purchase Order and receipt for accuracy. Document 3-way verification of purchase order, receipt, and invoice.
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain management, logistics, or related field required.
- Proficient in Supply Chain process, concepts, and best practices
- Capable of conducting Root cause analysis and problem solving.
- Project management skills required.
- Ability to interact and effectively communicate with employees, customers, and contractors at all levels of the business both written and verbally.
- Ability to work and communicate within a Microsoft environment.
- Ability to work within Databases, ERP, and Quality Management systems.
What can we offer you for all your hard work?
- Medical, Dental and Vision coverage with Wellness Reward Program & Reimbursement Programs
- Educational Assistance Program
- Supplemental Bonus Program
- Company Paid STD/LTD
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Company Paid Long Term Care Insurance
- 401(k) – with company match
- Paid Time Off Programs
We are currently practicing a hybrid work environment and taking the utmost precautions to reduce the spread of COVID-19
The information contained in this job description reflects the duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the Supply Chain Planner and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all work that may be assigned to you by your director or that may be inherent in the position. To apply, please use Indeed: Supply Chain Planner – East Longmeadow, MA 01028 – Indeed.com
Come join an organization whose leaders embraces a caring culture, values their employees, and works as a collaborative team as we continue to grow and drive new business heading into our 132nd year!
A Culture of Care
At W.F. Young, our love for animals is at the heart of everything – from our products to our company culture. We care deeply about our customers, our pets, our planet and each other. And above all else, we’re dedicated to helping animals live happier, healthier lives. If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
Join Our Pioneering Team
Fueled by a passion for helping animals thrive, our family-owned and -operated business has been at the forefront of animal wellness since 1892. Today, our team works collaboratively to enhance the lives of pets (and their people) worldwide. Join us!