Join us in improving the lives of animals everywhere.
Current Job Openings
Job Title: eCommerce Director
Reports to: Vice President, Marketing
Job Description Summary:
Being a leading global animal health company and owners of the Absorbine® brand of equine products and The Missing Link® brand of pet products, W.F. Young, Inc is looking to hire critical roles which will support the rapid growth the company is experiencing and help drive new business and innovation as we head into our 131st year in business.
We are focused on our commitment of enhancing the lives of companion animals and livestock by creating the highest quality and most innovative health and wellness products. Our vision for innovation is to create new, unique, and original product concepts that honors our founders’ pioneering spirit, celebrates our passion to find a better way to care for animals, pursues our vision to be the most trusted animal care products in the world, continuously drives our business forward, and results in organically growing our product line to serve unmet needs in the marketplace, while staying true to our mission to enhance the health and wellness of animals around the globe. We are passionate about our C.A.R.E Values and we believe a caring culture empowers creativity, continuous improvement, and speed to market to foster break-through innovations.
The W.F. Young team is seeking a eCommerce Director who will be responsible for developing and executing the company’s holistic eComm strategy and will lead our efforts to connect consumers to our brands in the eComm space.
The ideal candidate must have an interest in helping animals, can seamlessly transition between a range of activities and focus areas, be able to own eComm expansion and end-to-end execution within this important channel, be a team-player, positive energy, and a good sense of humor.
- Lead a high-performing cross-functional eComm team to develop and execute a robust and integrated eComm business plan
- Drive revenue growth and profitability for marketplaces, DTC, direct retail partners, 3rd party sellers, and omnichannel retail partners; own P&L for e-Comm
- Measure, analyze and report performance on all eComm activity, evaluating the results against goals across revenue, profitability, customer acquisition, customer retention, conversion rate, and ROAS and presenting informed analysis to identify opportunities and recommend strategies to achieve goals
- Drive and oversee the implementation of future channel expansion opportunities
- Work collaboratively with marketing to improve and optimize our marketing strategies along the customer journey and provide direction for social selling, SEM, SEO, programmatic display, social advertising, and content marketing in support of eComm activities
- Work with the digital marketing team and agency partners to establish metrics, report on KPIs of digital marketing campaigns in support of eComm activities, and extract key insights for future campaign development and go-to-market strategies
- Provide strategic direction for optimizations of PDPs and enhancements to user experience for eComm platforms including marketplaces (Amazon), retailer websites, and DTC websites
- Make data-driven decisions to maximize profitability of websites and drive eComm sales that convert traffic from a variety of sources (email, advertising, search, etc.)
- Provide direction for eComm product assortment, merchandising, and promotions
- Utilize sales data and market trends to support the development of product forecasts and ecommerce spending plans
- 7+ years of consumer eComm marketing and sales experience, with at least 5 of those years consisting of deep engagement with Amazon (experience with CPG a plus)
- Proven track record of meeting and exceeding performance goals (sales, campaign, etc.)
- Analytical and data-driven with experience using data visualization tools
- Exceptional communication and people management skills with the ability to educate stakeholders and build support for your ideas
- The ability to figure things out and develop and communicate plans
- High level of ownership and project management skills will the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines in a cross-functional work environment
- Strong knowledge across digital marketing disciplines – SEO, SEM, programmatic display, email, retention, social advertising, and content marketing
- Proven experience executing holistic digital marketing campaigns across a variety of platforms and channels to drive eComm growth
- Comprehensive knowledge of Amazon, Shopify Plus, and Google Analytics required; HubSpot experience a plus
What can we offer you for all your hard work?
- Medical, Dental and Vision coverage with Wellness Reward Program & Reimbursement Programs
- Educational Assistance Program
- Company Paid STD/LTD
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Company Paid Long Term Care Insurance
- 401(k) – with company match
- Paid Time Off Programs
We are currently practicing a hybrid work environment and taking the utmost precautions to reduce the spread of COVID-19
The information contained in this job description reflects the duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the eCommerce Director and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all work that may be assigned to you by your director or that may be inherent in the position.
Email resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org using subject line “eCommerce Director”
Come join an organization whose leaders embraces a caring culture, values their employees, and works as a collaborative team as we continue to grow and drive new business heading into our 131st year!
A Culture of Care
At W.F. Young, our love for animals is at the heart of everything – from our products to our company culture. We care deeply about our customers, our pets, our planet and each other. And above all else, we’re dedicated to helping animals live happier, healthier lives. If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
Join Our Pioneering Team
Fueled by a passion for helping animals thrive, our family-owned and -operated business has been at the forefront of animal wellness since 1892. Today, our team works collaboratively to enhance the lives of pets (and their people) worldwide. Join us!